Summer School 2015
Artists & Education: The distinctive role of artists in arts education and participatory practice
8-10 September 2015, Belfast, Northern Ireland
With day trip to Derry/Londonderry, 11 September
Theme & Programme
Field Trip Visits
Summer School on Storify
The engage International Summer School welcomed experienced educators, visual artists, curators and academics - working in the field of gallery and museum education and engaged visual art practice from the UK and abroad - to review and develop their practice during a three-day residential course.
This peer-led professional development event represents an opportunity for mid-career or senior colleagues to work together to:
- Reflect on aspects of current practice in gallery, museum and visual arts education
- Review current research and political agendas in the UK and Internationally
- Learn about international contexts for gallery and museum education
- Network with UK and international colleagues
- Consider the role of artists working with participants
In 2015 the engage Summer School was hosted by Belfast School of Art, University of Ulster in Belfast, Northern Ireland, from Tuesday 8 to Thursday 10 September 2015. Delegates were also able to attend an optional day trip to Derry/Londonderry to visit contemporary arts venues CCA and Void on Friday 11 September.
Click here to view documentation from previous engage Summer Schools