Engage Scotland represents the Scottish body of Engage members, responding to training and networking needs within gallery education with a Scottish focus.
We have some fantastic training and networking opportunities coming up in Scotland, and beyond, this autumn:
- Engage Scotland bursaries to attend the Engage Conference 2019 – deadline for applications Monday 7 October 2019
- Apply to join the Engage Scotland Development Group – deadline for applications Monday 30 September 2019
- ARTIST ROOMS + Engage Scotland workshop and networking event, Edinburgh, Monday 14 October 2019
- Apply for Mandate funding to attend events that focus on exploring policy and practice within the visual arts sector and the wider creative industries. Deadline for applications Monday 14 October 2019 (details below)
- Dementia Inclusive Galleries Training, in partnership with Luminate, Edinburgh, Monday 25 November 2019
Introducing Mandate, a new initiative from SCAN and Engage Scotland
Our next deadlines are: 12:00 pm Monday 14 October 2019 for events after Monday 21 October 2019
This new initiative from SCAN and Engage Scotland aims to support and encourage new voices and leadership from within our networks whilst developing the skills and confidence of sector professionals. The scheme aims to ensure that a diversity of opinions and experiences can feed into policy developments in Scotland and across the UK and support the joint advocacy actions that we undertake to drive forward the Visual Arts Manifesto.
We are aware that attending events can sometimes be intimidating so we are trialling a buddy system whereby we may select two applicants to attend key events together.
We will support attendance at events that focus on exploring policy and practice within the visual arts sector and the wider creative industries, events that connect with and drive forward our manifesto demands and events where the attendees will be able to build new networks and contacts whilst championing the visual arts.
Example upcoming events might include; Future Fest, Creative Industries Federation International Summit, SCAN& SAU conferences, Contemporary Art Society Programme Study Day: Decolonising the Collection. However, we are really keen for applicants to suggest others and in
Engage Scotland, SCAN and the Scottish Artists Union launch Visual Arts Manifesto
Engage Scotland has joined
The Visual Arts Manifesto has been launched as a direct response to the current challenges facing the art sector as a whole and is our first public response to the new National Culture Strategy consultation process.
The Manifesto sets out our policy demands but also our collective commitment to positive change. This vision and set of ambitions for the sector will help ensure that we maintain Scotland’s global reputation as a dynamic, innovative place for contemporary visual arts.