Jobs and opportunities
engage Vacancies: Freelance ARMA co-ordinator
Freelance fee: £6,300
Hours: c.31.5 days work
Duration: March 2017 - November 2018
engage, the lead advocacy and training network for gallery education, wishes to appoint a Coordinator for the Alexandra Reinhardt Memorial Award 2018 supported by the Max Reinhardt Charitable Trust (MRCT). For details of the artist residency and commission please see Appendix I by downloading the full job description below.
The Alexandra Reinhardt Memorial Award (ARMA) is an biennial award, funded by the Max Reinhardt Charitable Trust, worth £15,000 and offers an artist or artists the opportunity to create an original work for a host venue, while generating ways for the artist and venue to interact with the local community.
A fee of £6,300 is available for c 31.5 days work from March 2017 to November 2018. ARMA is a biennial programme and will run again in 2020 and 2022. The ARMA Coordinator role is initially offered for the 2018 programme but may be ongoing.
The ARMA Coordinator will work closely with the engage staff team and the host organisation. They will:
- Shortlist venues with engage, set up and attend shortlisting meeting in London with a Max Reinhardt Charitable Trust (MRCT) Trustee, engage and external expert/s
- Set up and visit potential host venues with a MRCT Trustee and engage
- Draft the call for proposals for artists with engage
- Longlist artists with engage
- Set up the artist short listing meeting with the panel in London and attend
- Set up interviews for artists with the panel in London and attend
- Assist in drafting of a contract for the host venue with engage/MRCT
- Assist in the drafting of a contract for the artists with engage, MRCT and the host venue. Host and artists contracts to be signed off by a MRCT Trustee
- Be the main point of contact for the venue and the artist/s. Support the venue and the artist with planning the residency, commission and associated education programme, including making and installation of the work, final exhibition and celebration event
- Work with the venue and the artist to monitor the budget for the residency and commission insuring that spend is within budget
- Work with engage/MRCT to monitor over all spend on the ARMA 2018 budget and to insure that spend is within budget
- Work with the artist, venue, engage/MRCT to promote the residency and commission
- Commission and/or carry out the documentation of the residency and education programme with photography and/or video
- Supporting the Evaluator in their work
- With engage’s Director liaise with MRCT Trustee as appropriate
A fee of £6,300 is available from February/March 2017 to 30 November 2018. We anticipate this will be 31.5 days work. £600 is available for the Coordinator’s expenses (travel, phone calls etc.), which can be claimed against receipts. The Coordinator will work from their own office/home.
They will have regular contact with engage staff and phone or in-person meetings with engage’s Director, who will directly support them. The Co-ordinator may invoice every other month for the fee and expenses.
Application deadline: Monday 20 February 10 am. An Equality and Diversity Monitoring form must be submitted with your application.
Documents to download:
Job description, person specification and how to apply
Equality and Diversity monitoring form