Hosted by Art Connects
A special event for parents and carers of babies.
Date: Thursday 3 December, 10-10:45am
Where: Online (via zoom)
Art Zoom session for parents and carers of babies born in this challenging year.
This is not a session for your baby, it’s time and space for you.
This month’s playful session will be led by silversmith Bryony Knox and will require just a few bits and bobs from your kitchen. Bryony will help you look at your kitchen items in a different light. We will be making drawings of initials, lettering or patterns inspired by items from your kitchen cupboard. The drawing tools will be spoons, forks and chopsticks and the material will be disposable aluminium trays and packaging.
No art experience necessary, just an open mind and maybe a cup of tea by your side!
What you will need:
- Kitchen AluminiumTin/ Trays – Disposable baking or roasting tins, clean recycled pie or Mince Pie tins or a takeaway carton to draw on. Only one or two needed.
- An old magazine/ newspaper/ mousemat– a soft surface to draw on.
- Drawing implements– an old ball point pen/ Biro, and any kitchen utensils: wooden spoon, teaspoon, fork, cookie cutters, rolling pin…
- Objects to draw inspiration from your kitchen cupboard- Look for big fun lettering or logos ie. Marmite, Golden Syrup, Ketchup/ Brown sauce,Cereal boxes etc
- Sharpies/ Colour Permanent Markers– Optional addition of colour.
- Scissors– Optional if want to cut aluminum out tin panels
A Zoom link and brief will be sent to participants before the session.