Engage Cymru and EYST Training Event
Gain confidence and understanding for effectively engaging with and supporting ethnic minority young people in Wales through the visual arts
Who is the event for?
Aimed at artists, educators and gallery staff, this half day event with EYST (Ethnic Minorities Support Team) and Engage Cymru will offer you greater confidence, understanding and skills for effectively engaging with and supporting ethnic minority young people in Wales, taking into consideration key patterns such as economic factors, cultural factors and different types of immigration including asylum, economic migrant and established minority communities. We will also share examples of best practice in engaging young people through the visual arts.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Be informed about the different types and patterns of migration, and the differences – economic, social, linguistic and cultural – affecting ethnic minority young people in Wales
- Understand what a culturally sensitive approach is in working with ethnic minority young people.
- Be able to consider the different cultural definitions and indicators of youth disengagement
- Understand the importance of Culture and Faith perspective in dealing with issues faced by ethnic minority young people.
- Gain empathy around issues of cultural conflict and identity for young ethnic minority people living in Wales
- Gain confidence and understand best practice in providing appropriate support for young ethnic minority people.
Organisation Tickets: £40
Individual/Freelance Tickets: £25