Role: Youth Arts Coordinator
Reporting to: Engage Scotland Coordinator
Contract type: time-limited freelance contract for services. The Youth Arts Coordinator will be paid a fee on submission of invoices
Fee: £6,946 (including VAT) for an anticipated 27 days work at £257.25 per day, from February 2021 – March 2022. The Youth Arts Coordinator is responsible for their own tax and National Insurance
Location: The Youth Arts Coordinator will work from home and will be based in Scotland.
Closing date: Monday 11 January 2021, 10am.
Engage Scotland is looking for a freelance Youth Arts Coordinator with a strong track record of working with young people in gallery/visual arts settings to co-design and coordinate our visual arts/youth arts programme between February 2021 – March 2022.
If you’re dedicated to breaking down barriers to access to the visual arts for young people, this is an exciting opportunity to work with Engage Scotland as we seek to:
- support young people, visual arts organisations/galleries, and freelance artists in Scotland to respond to and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic
- tackle some of the pre-existing concerns around youth arts engagement with the visual arts that have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic
- enhance the current capacity of the youth arts infrastructure within the visual arts/gallery sector in Scotland
- demonstrate new, innovative and creative models of working with young people, with a particular focus on tackling inequality, and in response to further barriers to engagement with the visual arts created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bringing additional capacity and expertise to Engage Scotland between February 2021 – March 2022, the Youth Arts Coordinator will develop and deliver the two main phases of this programme:
- initial scoping research and consultation to understand what the visual arts sector infrastructure needs to support youth arts as it emerges from the Covid-19 pandemic
- using the learning from that research to inform at least 2 exemplar youth-led visual arts projects, funded through Engage Scotland’s Targeted Youth Arts Funding grant from Creative Scotland.
Please send the following:
- A letter of no more than two pages explaining how your knowledge and experience meets the person specification and why you are applying for the role
- A current CV
- The details of two referees who have knowledge of your current or recent work (who will be contacted only when an offer has been made)
- Equalities and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Please send your completed application by email to email@example.com with Youth Arts Project Coordinator in the subject line, to arrive by 10am on Monday 11January 2021.
Interviews will take place by Zoom w/c 25 January 2021.
Candidates will be informed if they have been invited for an interview on Monday 18 January 2021.
You will be interviewed by Sarah Yearsley, Engage Scotland Coordinator and a member of the Engage Scotland Development Group. Interviews will be relaxed and shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information to help you to know what to expect at the interview, in advance.
Engage Scotland welcomes applications from sole traders/consultants and consultancies/visual arts organisations for this contract.
Please contact Sarah Yearsley, Engage Scotland Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (Mon – Wed), if you would like an informal discussion about this role. Sarah will be on leave between 22 December 2020 and 5 January 2021.