It is hosted by the Engage West Midlands Area Group and those from outside this region are welcome to attend.
Thinking of freelancing? Just starting out? A freelance whizz but want to share your knowledge? During this session we will cover an overview of freelancing in the sector.
The workshop will include:
- Marge Ainsley from Museum Freelance will introduce the network and how you can access their training, conference opportunities and social media. She will also look at the current content for freelancers including financial impact, health and wellbeing and mitigating challenges. Marge will also reveal the results of the recent Museum Freelance survey, followed by top tips.
- Breakout room – peer mentoring task
- Tendering and bids (contributions from mid career freelancers)
- Policies and risk assessments with Rebecca Randle, The Barber Institute of Fine Arts, University of Birmingham
- Hints and Tips slideshow – including Public liability insurance, tax, DBS with freelancer Jess Hartshorn
- Engage update
To attend, please book a place below. Joining instructions with a Zoom link will be sent out a few days before.